If you’re at all curious, I’ve written about four eight of the plugins for this website. WordPress was specifically written to allow users to create their own plugins. A “plugin” is a little piece of programming code that will modify how a program behaves.
I’ll discuss them later on, but for the ravenously curious my plugins include:
- A plugin that creates rounded corners throughout the website
- A plugin that creates the “accordion” menu effect on the Links and Calculator pages
- A plugin that adds AJAX effects throughout the website
- A plugin that creates a “gray-out” screen over certain pages when you’re not logged in or a registered user
- A plugin that redirects a user to the calculator page when they log in
- A plugin that changes the look and operation of the registration page to be more user friendly
- A plugin that makes lots of little tweaks to the site to make it look and act better (I’m constantly adding to this one)
- A plugin that allows users to sign up for automatically recurring subscriptions using a credit card or their PayPal account (I’m still working to make this more user friendly)
1 Comment »
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.