- I bought a laptop from Dell
- After a year, I sent my laptop in for a minor repaird
- Dell last my laptop, and after much agony, replaced it with another model
- After a year and a half, laptop monitor stopped working
- I took my laptop to Paramount Technologies
- 3 hours later, my laptop was fixed
- After about 45 days later the LCD monitor stopped working again
- I took the laptop back to Paramount Technologies for the repairs last Monday
- Friday evening the laptop was fixed under the repair warranty, no charge
Here’s what I’ve learned:
- Backup your data before something goes wrong
- A flash drive is your friend
- Decide whether it makes sense to repair or replace your laptop
- Make sure you find a good reliable laptop repair shop
- Get a referral, if possible. Otherwise, do your homework.
- Researching a repair shop is time consuming, but you’ll be glad you did.
- Make sure your repair shop stands behind their work. Paramount Technologies’ repair warranty is 90 days. I think that’s pretty reasonable.
- Ask them what went wrong and how to prevent it
Ideas for new posts:
- What to do when your laptop or computer dies?
- How do you choose a laptop repair facility?
1 Comment »
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.