I began maintaining a list of MPN providers about a year ago specifically because I find them so frustrating. (Explanation of the photo on the right ) Admittedly, a year ago I was an Applicant’s attorney, but that’s besides the point. Even as a workers’ compensation defense attorney and I’m still frustrated by MPN lists.
In order to find a treating physician with an MPN you need to have a conflagration of events. The right Medical Provider Network link to the right website for the right carrier with the right password.
According to the Division of Workers’ Compensation website, there are 1,334 official and approved Medical Provider Networks for California. Unfortunately, the Division of Workers’ Compensation list of MPN’s is almost completely worthless since it doesn’t include a website link or other useful information about these various Medical Provider Networks. The most useful part about the DWC’s list of MPN’s is that it will tell you whether or not a particular employer/self-insured/insurance company has an MPN. There is a lot of amount of duplication on the official MPN list. I would estimate there are really only about 500 or so unique Medical Provider Networks operating in California.
In any case, I’m maintaining a list of Medical Provider Networks links and passwords. If you know of any additional MPN websites, logins, or passwords, please drop me a line and let me know. Right now, I’m looking for updated links and passwords for:
- Concentra MPN (Medical Provider Network)
- CorVel MPN (Medical Provider Network)
- Keenan & Associates MPN (Medical Provider Network)
Hopefully workers’ compensation professionals on both sides will find this information useful.
- Photo courtesy of aussiegall [↩]
- A “doc-in-the-box” is a derragotry phrase for a physician who is, for lack of a better term, in someone’s “pocket.” Doctor Who is a is a British sci-fi television show about someone called “The Doctor” who travels through time in a police box. The photo on the right with the caption is my attempt at humor. [↩]
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.