Review of GlobalEyeglasses.com
- Website. The GlobalEyeglasses.com webiste merely lets you see a larger photo of each pair of glasses. I am was the kind of person who needed to try on lots of different frames before I could make a choice  Incredibly, not being able to try on the glasses just didn’t bother me at all. Once I had gotten my prescription and narrowed down the frame choices, it was surprisingly easy to find the glasses for me.
- Selection. There were easily several hundred frames from which to choose. They have every imaginable style and variation. They also have a wide range of lens options: clear, tinted, polychromatic / transition lenses, and super thin materials.
- Price. Using the coupon code at the bottom of this review, I got 10% off my order. You can find frames as cheaply as $1.00 and lenses starting from $6.99. They appear to have several designer frames. The only shipping option is by UPS and costs $5.99. When I was buying a month ago they were running a promotion where I bought two pairs and got one pair free. $45.00 for three pairs, shipped, is basically unbeatable.
- Frame Quality. Each pair fit with minimal adjusting of the nose pads and behind the ears. On my pair of sunglassses one of the screws in the nose pads fell out the first day I wore it. When I replaced the nose pad I discovered that the screw fell out because the threads on that side had been stripped. I used an extra screw and tightened it. I haven’ t had any problems since.
- Lens Quality. I have had no problems with the prescriptions on any of the three pairs I got from GlobalEyeglasses.com. I didn’t require any “adjustment” period or any time to get used to these glasses. More importantly, the lenses themselves were confirmed by my doctor to be the correct prescription.
- Shipping. Two weeks, just about on the button. Shipping was $5.99.
- Customer Service. A day after I placed my order I received an e-mail from GlobalEyeglasses.com saying that one of the pairs I had ordered was now out of stock and would I please select a new pair. While a little bummed that one of my first choices was no longer available, I was very happy that they let me know immediately. I chose a new frame and made a small change to another frame I had originally ordered. They adjusted the price accordingly and immediately refunded me the difference.
- Extras. Each pair comes with its own free case, eyeglass cloth, and replacement nose pads and screws.
4 Comments »
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.