My personal best is two walk through settlements at two different WCAB district offices in a single morning. Tomorrow I am going to attempt three walk through settlements at three different WCAB district offices in a single morning. My plan is to start my day at the San Jose WCAB at 8:00AM, hit the Oakland WCAB afterward, jet to San Francisco, and then return to the office. Google Maps tells me that this is going to be 134 miles over 2 hours and 39 minutes. 
As I mentioned before, there’s a lot of things that can go wrong – traffic, long walk through lines, a broken photocopier. 
But, I’ve done what I can to ensure this works. I’ve called the other parties, have a checklist of everything I need to do in the order I need to do it, my cell phone is charged up , phone numbers for opposing counsel and my clients hand, GPS charged up, prepared Minutes of Hearing, Document Cover Sheets, Document Separator Sheets, Awards, and Orders. 
If you happen to be in San Jose, Oakland, or San Francisco today stop me and say hello. (And – pretty please may I cut ahead of you in line?)
Lastly, I’ll be checking back here throughout the day, so how about leaving me a word of encouragement in the comments?
- If I had another walk through to do in Santa Rosa, I would be planning a different order. [↩]
- Photo courtesy of Matthew Armstrong [↩]
- Or, heaven forbid, EAMS could be working tomorrow. THAT would foul me right up. [↩]
- And a back up cell phone charged up too! [↩]
- I even sacrificed a giant sequoia sapling as an offering to EAMS. [↩]
- I’m even bringing two extra settlements just in case one falls through! Although, this is really due to coincidence than meticulous planning… [↩]
- I think live blogging the trip might be a bit much – but we’ll see. [↩]
4 Comments »
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.