WordPress Update to v2.6.3
Less Quick Updates
Admittedly, prior updates probably only take about 10 minutes, max. This 10 minutes includes roughly 9 minutes of backing the website and database up and 1 minute of actually uploading the new version. Since the 9 minutes of backing up is essentially all processing/downloading time, there’s nothing for me to monitor which makes the whole process very painless.
The kind folks over at WordPress have been hard at work on the version 2.7. 2 If you scan through the above link, you’ll get to see what the new WordPress 2.7 control panel/dashboard is supposed to look like.
Best Thing About WordPress
(If you just can’t wait, skip down two paragraphs.) Regular readers have heard me go on and on about the virtues of WordPress. 3 The interesting thing about new versions of WordPress is that any upgrades would be seamless to a website visitor. 4
A website that is easy to read is a function of the author
Website content is really all that matters to a website visitor. Visitors don’t care about what software a website owner is using – just as long as the content is useful. 5
A website that is easy to write is a function of the program
The single best thing about WordPress is that this program makes maintaining a website a breeze. I would recommend WordPress to absolutely anyone interested in creating a website. For the novice, the program makes it easy to write, edit, and delete single pages or the entire website without any knowledge of programming. For the tech-minded, the program makes it easy to install, upgrade, and personalize a website.
- Talk about unnecessary decimal places. [↩]
- I call them “kind” since a lot of these people are working for free. [↩]
- You know, you three should really form some kind of support group for people who read unnecessarily nerdy and self-referential blogs. [↩]
- I think its interesting, anyhow. [↩]
- If they don’t care about what kind of software, they sure as heck don’t care its version 2.6.3. [↩]
- You could even put together your own workers compensation calculators and EAMS search engines! [↩]
- Am I going overboard with these footnotes? [↩]
- The answer is “No, I’m not going overboard.” In the immortal words of Ferris Bueller, “You can never go too far.” [↩]