March 4, 2012
At PDRater.com, we understand that your privacy is important to you.
- Information we collect and how we use it:
- Information you provide: Your name, e-mail address, and company are used to (1) identify you for subscription services, should you choose to have a subscription (2) to improve your experience and the quality of our services (3) notify you of new features and benefits and (4) notify you if an error affecting accuracy is discovered.
- Calculation data: Users may choose to generate reports with detailed comment information about their claims and files. Personalized information is never required in order to request a calculation or report. In order to provide a precise response, certain calculations may require information about a person’s date of birth and gender. However, you may always submit a pseudonym. The information you submit for calculations is archived in a non-human readable format and never provided to any third party.
- Log information: Our servers record your information when you visit our website. This information is not shared with advertisers or third-parties.
- User communication: When you send e-mail to people affiliated with our website, we may retain those e-mails to effectively respond to your e-mails and improve our services.
- Other sites: We do not exercise control over the sites we link to. We provide these links on an information-only and as-is basis. You will have to consult the privacy policies of each site.
- Information we do not collect:
- Sensitive information: We do not ask for, collect, or store any sensitive information we know to be related to any specific medical condition, racial or ethnic origins, political or religious beliefs, or sexuality.
- Information sharing: We will only share your information in limited circumstances
- By consent: If you consent by “opting-in,” we may share your information in the ways disclosed when you opt-in.
- Legal proceedings: We comply with valid legal process, such as search warrants, court orders, or subpoenas seeking personal information. These same processes apply to all law-abiding companies. As has always been the case, the primary protections you have against intrusions by the government are the laws that apply to where you live.
- Necessity: Should we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of PDRater.com, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Information security:
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include storage and processing practices and security measures.
- Accessing and updating information:
- We make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
- This policy may change from time to time. We expect most changes to be minor. We will post all changes to this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide prominent notice (which may include e-mail notice). Each version of this policy will be identified at the top of this page by its effective date, and we will keep prior versions in an archive for your review.