or… The Apocalypse Can Be Fun!
Yesterday I mentioned how the CERN project is going to fire up its Large Hadron Collider on Wednesday September 10, 2008. Several lawsuits have been filed (most in the US even though the project is located in Switzerland and France) to stop the machine from being turned on. Here are some of the allegations:
- It will create “strangelets” that will convert all other matter in the universe into “strangelets.”
- It will create a black hole that will swallow up the Earth.
And, my PERSONAL favorite:
- It will create a hole in space where where time becomes stuck in an infinite loop.
However infinitesimal, you have to admit the possibility that one of the above will happen. Here’s a list of things you can do today to prepare for the world (maybe) ending tomorrow:
- Save your breath and don’t work out today.
- Eat fatty greasy salty food. Garlic, onions, beans – go nuts!
- Take up smoking, drinking, and a drug of your choice.
- Tell your boss what you really think about them.1
- Leave work early today and don’t show up ever again! (Or, kill two birds with one stone and do this at the same time as #4).
- Shred your will and cancel all insurance policies.
- Credit is your friend. Apply for every line of credit you can. Call your credit card company and see if you can raise your credit limits.
- Things to buy: an air horn, fireworks, a megaphone, a costume (favorite super hero, movie star, pirate, etc), a lot of champagne, and a beer hat.
- Book a caterer for tomorrow. Sure, its last minute, but money is no object, right?
- Call your mom – she worries.
Be prepared to stay up late tonight and get up early tomorrow. You’re not going to want to waste any daylight. The next blog post will be at 5am. Set your alarm and check back here bright and early for your itinerary.
Get ready to party like its 1999.