Dell’s customer service has been my single greatest customer service experience with any product, ever.
Let me break it down for you:
- My computer, a Dell XPS m1210 was out of warranty.1
- It had a bad nVidia graphics card.
- I wrote one e-mail to Dell’s Chief Blogger, Lionel Menchaca, stating the nature of my technical emergency. 2
- He told me someone was going to contact me.
- Less than 24 hours later someone from Dell’s corporate customer service called me to tell me they were going to replace my entire motherboard. 3
- Less than 24 hours later I got a call from their local technician – James. He came to my home that very evening and swapped out my motherboard. 4
Here’s Lionel’s e-mail to me from just after midnight this morning:
That’s great news. I’m really glad to see it all worked out smoothly. I appreciate you being a loyal Dell customer. Feel free to tell any other Dell customers how to contact me directly if they need some assistance.
It’s customer’s like you that make this the best job I’ve ever had.
Chief Blogger, Dell Inc.
If you’ve got an issue with your Dell, get a hold of Lionel directly. He’s an incredible guy working for an incredible company. Lionel and Dell took care of me. This Dell XPS m1210 is my third Dell laptop, and my next computer will absolutely be a Dell too.
- It died within 1 year after my warranty expired, but by the time I talked to Dell it was more than a year out of warranty. [↩]
- It was a very simple and short e-mail, so it took me forever to write. [↩]
- The only way to fix a bad integrated graphics card. [↩]
- “Rock on completely, with some brand new components!” – CAKE [↩]