Here’s what I’ve learned:
- Backup your data before something goes wrong
- A flash drive is your friend
- Decide whether it makes sense to repair or replace your laptop
- Make sure you find a good reliable laptop repair shop
- Get a referral, if possible. Otherwise, do your homework.
- Researching a repair shop is time consuming, but you’ll be glad you did.
- Make sure your repair shop stands behind their work. Paramount Technologies’ repair warranty is 90 days. I think that’s pretty reasonable.
- Ask them what went wrong and how to prevent it
Ideas for new posts:
- What to do when your laptop or computer dies?
- How do you choose a laptop repair facility?